°Antwerp, 1953, Decembre 18th.
Professional Author/Screenwriter (Film and Television) + Composer/Musician.
Ph.D Literature and Philosophy, University of Antwerp (1984).
- Teacher Dutch Literature in several Schools (1979-1989);
- Teacher 'Writing Techniques' at the Academy for Literary Writers, Antwerp (1990-1997);
- Professional Novellist and Screenwriter since 1990;
- Wrote novels, theatre plays, scripts (for Film and Television), radio plays, essays on modern Dutch
literature and about 400 articles in newspapers and literary magazines;
- Studied classical guitar at the Zoltan Kodaly Academy and, in the seventies, founded the popgroup
- Several MUSICAL COMPOSITIONS (jazz, pop, soundtrack, classic guitar)
- Visser-Neerlandia for Theatre (1990);
- August Beernaert for the Novel (Royal Acadamy for Dutch Literature, 1991);
- Nestor de Tièreprijs for Theatre (Royal Acadamy for Dutch Literature, 1994-1995);
- ASLK-Script-Award voor Television scripts, 1996
© Koen Vermeiren - Alle rechten voorbehouden